You don’t need to be a millionaire to look chic, rich and classy; all you really need is to know how to dress yourself and how to style yourself rich. Here are some tips and ideas on how to look classy and rich.
- Incorporate structure in your outfits – the first thing you need to remember about looking rich and classy is that it’s not going to be as comfortable as your everyday street style looks. Having structure in your outfits is a must.
- Pick understated pieces – looking rich and classy does not mean that your outfits have to be busy all the time. In fact, it is quite the contrary. To achieve the look, you’ll want to go for understated pieces that you can dress up anytime instead.
- Avoid flaunting logos – yes, the rich may sport fancy branded stuff all the time but they don’t really flaunt the logos in your face, do they? Doing so makes you look tacky so avoid flaunting brand logos as much as you can.
- Make sure everything fits perfectly – have your clothes tailored if you have to, never settle for anything that’s too big or too small, and always wear shoes that perfectly fit. Basically, you’ll want to avoid giving people the impression that what you’re wearing is borrowed.
- Keep jewelry and accessories simple and minimal – looking rich is easy, it’s looking classy that can be tricky. With so many jewelry and accessories to choose from, it’s easy to just stack everything up and go for a loud statement look but don’t. If you want to nail the classy part, you’ll want to keep accessories and jewelry simple and minimal.
- Make the splurge – not everyone can afford to buy expensive stuff all the time but there are things that are worth splurging on like shoes, bags, and other things that you tend to use every day so if you can afford it, go ahead and make that splurge. It will ensure you that you will have something nice to use in the long run.
- Pay attention to details – paying attention to the smallest of details can have a big impact on your overall look. Iron out wrinkles, sew in buttons that are hanging loose, cut any loose threads, polish your shoes – these are the basics that you’ll want to make sure you’ve done before leaving the house.
- Make sure your hair and makeup are always on point – doing your hair and putting on some makeup will really help tie the look together and help you achieve that rich and classy vibe.