Winter is one of the worst seasons for your skin, especially if you already have a dry one. The cold winter air can be very drying and often results to dry, chapped and sometimes even irritated skin, especially on the face. If you’re suffering from dry winter skin or if you simply want to make sure you don’t end up with bad winter skin while this kind of weather lasts, check out these tips on how to look radiant despite the cold winter weather.
- NEVER SKIP EXFOLIATION AND MOISTURIZATION – these are two very basic steps that no one should ever skip out on in their beauty routine yet many still do. Exfoliating regularly helps get rid of dead skin cells which is one of the reasons why skin appears dull. Moisturization is what combats dryness so it is very important that you incorporate this into your beauty routine as frequently as needed.
- APPLY BRONZER TO WARM UP YOUR COMPLEXION – winter can leave your skin looking pale but thankfully, there are makeup products like bronzers that help you get that ‘glow’ you used to love back in summer. You don’t necessarily need to contour your face but applying bronzer to the areas around the face will help bring that nice warmth to it.
- USE A HIGHLIGHTER – just as with bronzer, you don’t necessarily need to contour with your highlighter. If you’re going for a simpler look, simply sweep some on the top of your cheeks, down the bridge of your nose, and on the middle of your forehead to get that radiant glow.
- TRY A FAKE TAN – fake tanning is one of the quickest and easiest ways to get some color on your skin and make it appear more radiant and glowing. Use a very thin but even layer for a look that’s sure to get the paleness out. If you’re not experienced with self-tanning, you can go to a tanning salon instead. There, you can have a professional do the tanning for you so you can have the exact amount of color you desire.
- CREATE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE – sometimes, all you really need to get that nice glow on your skin is to make a few changes to your lifestyle. Eat healthy, drink plenty of water and exercise to sweat out the toxins in your system. Hot yoga is a really great workout during the winter months and it’s perfect for those who want to break up a sweat. Do these little changes and see how your skin clears up.