Tweed is such a tricky fabric to pull off but if you know how to wear it and style it right, it sure can make you look ultra chic and sophisticated. Despite being a little too chunky and stuffy, tweed is a wonderful fabric to work with, especially for the colder days of fall and winter. if you’re looking for something new to add to your closet and you want something nice, warm, and stylish, be sure to check out twee pieces. You might just find a new favorite.
- Play it safe with neutrals – if you’re not the super adventurous type but you still want to try out wearing tweed, you can take baby steps and start by playing it safe and wearing your tweed in neutral colors. Tweed pieces usually come in a variety of colors and a few pieces in neutral colors would make a really nice, safe choice.
- Wear modern pieces in tweed – another really easy way to look great in tweed is to wear modern cuts and pieces in it. A tweed miniskirt, for example, is going to give you a really chic look that’s both modest and stylish.
- Try matching top and bottom tweed – it may seem intimidating at first but going all out and wearing tweed from head to toe really can be the most stylish thing you’ve ever worn. If you’re looking for something new to wear to work, try out the combination of a tweed jacket and tweed skirt or substitute the skirt with a pair of tweed shorts if you want a cute street style look.
- Mix and match textures – mixing and matching textures in one outfit can be a real life saver. It can make an ultra boring look turn into something ultra cool. It’s also a great way to make tweed a little more appropriate for seasons beyond fall. Tweed and lace, for example, would be nice for spring and tweed and silk would make a great summertime day look.
- Wear it with prints and patterns – some tweed pieces have a nice woven look to them but others are more plain and if that’s what you have, don’t worry. You can always liven it up by pairing your plain tweed with a printed pair or something with a cute and interesting pattern.
These are just some of the many ways to look fabulous in tweed. Try them out and maybe discover a few tricks of your own.