They say the only constant thing in this world is change and that includes change in appearances as you grow old. Many women I know obsess about keeping their looks as young as possible for as long as possible and while there’s really nothing wrong with that, not everyone has the luxury to spend thousands of dollars on supplements and procedures to keep their youthful looks. If you want to stay looking young, it’s always wise to start early. Here are some tips on how to keep a youthful look without breaking the bank.
- Maintain a good posture – one of the things that make you look older than you are is bad posture, the more you slouch, the older you look. Start as early as now in correcting your posture. Try to catch yourself every time you slouch and straighten up that back! Think of the times when you tend to slouch the most (sitting in front of the computer, eating, standing in line, etc.) and try to be extra alert during these times and extra effortful, too, in projecting good posture.
- Go easy on the makeup – you may think that as you age, you have to wear more makeup to conceal the signs of ageing but it’s actually quite the opposite. As you grow older, you should start wearing less makeup. Nothing’s more of a dead giveaway of your age than cakey makeup and foundation settling in between your wrinkles and your fine lines. Instead of piling on your makeup, pile on skin care products instead so you can keep your skin’s youthful look.
- Manage your mane – another thing that you should take care of to preserve your youthful look is your hair. Having silky and shiny hair makes you look a whole lot younger compared to if you have dull and graying hair. If getting gray hair early runs in your genes, don’t worry. You can always conceal those by dyeing your hair another color. Be careful in choosing colors to use on your hair, though. The older you are, the more you should stick to natural hair colors.
- Keep an updated wardrobe – sticking to a style that you’re comfortable with is a great thing but if you’ve worn the same things over and over for the past five years, that’s a different topic. You don’t need to shop for new clothes everyday to keep your wardrobe updated. A little tweak every now and then is a big step towards making sure that you don’t end up with an outdated look. Adding a few new pieces and letting go of older ones is also another way to keep your wardrobe updated.
- Exercise – releasing stress and the toxins that your body accumulates on an everyday basis is important in keeping that youthful look and glow and exercising is one of the best ways to do this. You don’t have to go to the gym or get up every morning at 4 for a run. Just a few minutes every day to get sweating is enough and will pay off in the long run.