Looking good starts with having great skin and to achieve that, proper skincare must be done. Creating an effective and efficient skincare regimen can take time. You have to find the right products and the right techniques to complete your routine and you have to make sure that these products and techniques will not break you out. Good skincare products often come with a steep price tag but there are also a few gems from the drugstore that work wonders. If you’re budget is tight, check out these tips on how to have amazing skin on a budget.
- Always take off your makeup at night – the key to achieving clear skin and preventing breakouts is sleeping with a clean face. Make the conscious effort to take off your makeup at night. If you’re really tired and can’t make it to the bathroom, at least wipe it down with makeup removing wipes.
- Wear sunscreen everyday – one thing that many people take for granted when taking care of their skin is sun protection. You may not see immediate results but in the long run, you’ll be thankful you chose to wear sunscreen when all the others weren’t.
- Use coconut oil – coconut oil is an awesome thing to substitute a lot of your skincare products for. It can be a moisturizer, makeup remover, lip balm, and even an exfoliator when mixed with sugar, coffee grounds, or any of your choice of exfoliant. What’s more is that coconut oil is really cheap and readily available from the supermarket.
- Try one new product at a time – don’t splurge out on new products just because a friend recommended it or your favorite beauty guru raved about it. Remember that what works for them will not always work for you. Try out one new product at a time so you know where to put the blame in case you break out or get a reaction. Also, this will save you money since you don’t have to throw out a whole bunch of new skincare products added to your regimen in case your skin doesn’t react well to it.
- Try dual purpose products – dual purpose products are perfect for girls on a budget because you get to address two skin issues with just one product which means not having to spend money of multiple products.
- Make it count – another really awesome way to get your money’s worth when buying skincare products is to make sure that the ones you buy have the right ingredients, especially those that are meant to treat certain skin issues. This will save you from having to try out new products every time.