The Holidays are coming up and before we know it, we’ll be closing this year with a bang and opening a new one again. Before we get to that, though, why don’t we bask in the glory and joy of the coming days that is the Holiday. If you’re like most women who live away from their hometown, be it for work or for school, I’m pretty sure you’re always excited about the Holidays as this is one of the few times you get to go home and reconnect with family and friends. With that in mind, of course, you’ll want to look your best. If you’re starting on get ready for the holidays and are already planning some looks for the upcoming parties and festivities, check out these tips on how to glam up your makeup for the holidays.
- Up your brow game – if you’ve always been the kind who paid the least attention to her brows, now’s the perfect time to start giving them a little bit more TLC. Aside from the regular plucking / shaving to groom them, it’s important to learn how to shape them and fill them in with brow products as well for a more made up look.
- Bold lips – no matter what you say, a bold lip is always a great way to add more glam to your look. For the Holidays, make bolder choices when it comes to lip color. That deep wine red lip may just be what your Holiday look needs to get to red carpet status. If you’re feeling a little vampy, you can also opt for a purple-ish lip color like MAC rebel or Wet n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy. Bright orange lips would be a cheery throwback to spring and summer and a retro pink lip would be the perfect complement to your mod Holiday look, in case you decide to go for the trend.
- Pucker up – but then again, a bold lip color isn’t really a game changer if it’s something you wear every day so if you’re looking to glam your pout up even more, use a lip plumper and pucker up! This will give you that sexy pout.
- Lash lovin’ – another really easy way to glam up your look for the Holidays is to wear false lashes instead of just piling on coat after coat of volumizing and lengthening mascara. Falsies never fail to give you that dolled up look which is perfect for all the Holiday festivities. You can choose from wispy, natural – looking yet lush lashes to obviously exaggerated and totally diva-ish pairs that feature tricked out strands and unreal volume and length. Stick some to your bottom lashes, too, to get the full effect.
- Shimmer me peepers – instead of using your usual matter shadows, switch them up to shimmery ones for the Holidays. This will let your stick to your neutral palette without your makeup looking too everyday ordinary-ish. Look for eye shadows that have a metallic finish or, if you’re bold enough, those with specks and chunks of glitter in them for maximum shimmer and shine.