Winter is a tough time as far as skincare goes. All that cold air can really dry up the skin and get it dry, itchy and sometimes even scaly. Luckily, there are a ton of products out there that you can use to keep your skin nice, soft and radiant. Here are some tips on how to give your skin a healthy glow for winter.
- EXFOLIATE – exfoliation is key to getting soft, smooth and glowing skin. Exfoliating helps you get rid of dead skin cells to reveal new, healthy skin. Remember that exfoliation should be done on both the body and the face but you should be gentler on the face. This should be done at least once a week so make sure to squeeze it in your routine, no matter how busy you are.
- MOISTURIZE – after getting rid of dead skin cells by exfoliating, re-hydrate your skin with some moisturizer. If your regular moisturizer isn’t cutting it for you, you may either have to switch to something more potent or apply the product more frequently. Also try to look for makeup products with a moisturizing feature for keep your skin moisturized for longer.
- AVOID HOT BATHS – as tempting as it may be to just sink into a tub filled with hot water after a long day out in the blistering cold, don’t. Hot water can make skin dry up even easier which will just make it look duller. If you can’t handle cold water, at least make sure it’s lukewarm.
- OPT FOR OILS AND SERUMS – creams and gels may have worked for you during spring and summer but winter is more drying so you’ll need something stronger. Use serums on your face to really give it that nice glow and substitute your lotion with body oil for longer lasting softness and that warm glow.
- ADD COLOR TO YOUR FACE – sometimes, all you need to really get that radiant glow is some color on your pale face. Try putting on some blush on your cheeks to get that ‘just pinched’ look and maybe a light lip color to liven up your look.
- GET A FACIAL – even when you’re very good with your skincare routine, a facial will always benefit you and give you a more radiant glow. Try to pamper your skin with a facial at least once every month (more frequent, if you skin needs it). You’ll notice that you’ll get a more radiant glow.
- FAKE IT ‘TIL YOUR MAKE IT (through winter) – if you think your skin really needs a boost when it comes to getting that nice winter glow, you can always rely on makeup to give it to you. Try to sweep on some highlighter on areas that reflect light on your face but skip the bronzer so your glow radiates through.