The curling iron is one of technology’s greatest gifts to girls. Don’t you just love how it’s so convenient to have your hair curled whenever you want to and you don’t even have to step foot outside? I know I do, though I gotta admit that sometimes I feel like my trusty ol’ curling iron isnt just cutting it anymore but recently, I discovered that I may have been at fault after all. Here are some tips I discovered on how to get the best out of your curling iron.
- PROTECT YOUR HAIR – you may think your curling iron is frying your hair up too much but have you ever thought about protecting it? A good heat protectant can save your hair from the damage that heat styling tools like curling irons bring. Always spritz on a good amount of protectant before styling your hair so that it doesn’t end up getting fried up too much.
- CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE – if you’ve ever felt frustrated that your curls aren’t coming out as big or as small as you like, you might think you have no hope in curling your hair by yourself but don’t give up. Instead, switch up your curling iron with one that has a barrel of a different size. Smaller barrels produce tighter curls while bigger ones produce looser and more glam curls. Choose accordingly.
- SET YOUR CURLS – another problem that I’ve encountered in the past that I my curls didn’t last very long. At first, I thought it was a problem with the curling iron so I switch but after trying a number of curling irons, my curls still wouldn’t last, even with hairspray on. That’s when I learned that you need to set your curls to make them last.
- CLEAN YOUR IRON – if you feel like your favorite curling iron suddenly just isn’t cutting it for you anymore, it may be time to clean it. Yes, you curling iron needs to be cleaned, too, so it can perform at its best. Most curling irons will have directions on the box / packaging on how to clean it but if yours doesn’t, just pour a bit of rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and rub it on your curling iron then let dry.
- COIL IT RIGHT – the way you store your curling iron will affect its performance and if you do it right, it could even help your curling iron last longer. This video shows you how to properly coil the cords of your curling iron and other hair tools for packing and for storage. Check it out.