Taylor Swift has definitely upped her style game recently and we’re loving every bit of it! Taylor has always had a unique sense of personal style. She’s sported various looks from chic country chick to frilly Boho babe to preppy college campus crush and now on to her very sophisticated and classic modern vintage style. She’s always stylish on and off cam and we love that she’s not afraid of being different, sporting what others would call ‘granny’ fashion while everybody else is wearing as little as they could to get some attention. If you like her style, check out these tips on how to get Taylor Swift’s modern vintage style.
- Embrace the A-line silhouette – if there’s one silhouette / cut that’s sure to look good on everyone, it’s the A-line and it’s the one silhouette you’ll almost always see on Taylor Swift. When choosing dresses and skirts, go for the ones with an A-line silhouette as these will not only help you get Taylor’s style but will also emphasize your waist and make it look more shapely and curvy, as if faking an hourglass shape.
- Say yes to collared shirts – collared shirts are great for getting a bit of the retro look going, especially when you have a Peter Pan collar on either your shirt or your dress. Collared button-up shirts are great for creating more posh looks, if you’re looking for something that you can wear to the office. For the colder seasons, you can choose to wear a collared shirt below and top it off with a sweater or shirt, making sure that the collars are on the top layer so you can make them pop.
- Go high-waisted – high-waisted bottoms are essential for getting that vintage look in your outfits. One of the most common misconceptions about high-waisted bottoms is that only tall women can wear them but that’s totally false. As long as they’re the right length, everybody can definitely wear high-waisted bottoms, be it skirts, shorts or pants.
- Ditch your stilettos for kitten heels – kitten heels are perfect for those of you out there who can never last a day on pumps and stilettos but it’s also perfect for recreating a variety of Taylor Swift’s style. It’s also perfect for getting a bit of that vintage vibe in your look. Give your kitten heels a modern flare by opting for chunky heels.
- Don’t shy away from prints and patterns – another thing that you’ll notice about Taylor Swift’s modern vintage look is that it’s full of fun prints and patterns – from simple stripes to chic checkered patterns and girly shabby chic floral. Don’t be afraid to wear print from head to toe but at the same time, try to stick with classic print and patter designs.
- Make the most of accessories – if you really can’t bring yourself to go all out vintage on your clothes, you can still achieve the modern vintage look by using your accessories. Stockings, tights and knee high socks are what you’ll often see underneath Taylor’s skirts and dresses. She’s also almost always carrying around cute Granny handbags (those leather purses with metal clasp locks) that add much vintage vibe to her overall looks. Wayfarer sunglasses are also seen on various looks that Taylor has sported and as for jewelry, it’s always something dainty and simple so try to stay away from chunky statement pieces for a while.