Spring is the perfect time to bust out anything and everything colorful from your closet and put them to good use but, believe it or not, there are actually a number of women out there who prefer black over any other color and we can’t blame them. After all, black can easily make you look so much more sophisticated and chic and it can make you look slimmer as well. If you’re interested in wearing black for spring but don’t know how to pull it off, check out these tips on how to get away with black for spring.
- Wear as little as possible – if you’re not a big fan of black for spring but you still want (or need) to do it, wear as little of it as possible. A little black dress is a great idea if you need a solid black piece. Otherwise, you can do black one piece at a time.
- Try a black and white combo – black on its own can be boring but add some white into your look and you have yourself an outfit that looks sophisticated and chic. The best thing about black and white is that this color combo never goes out of style so you know you can rely to it as your go-to.
- Black magic – create a look that’s a little less boring and dull, even if black is all you have to work with, by opting for shiny and shimmery pieces. Black sequins are guaranteed to make any outfit look more fabulous compared to flat, matte black. If you feel this is a bit much, start off with black glitter details instead.
- Wear a summer staple in black – black jackets, black coats, black sweaters: those are all great for fall and winter. To make black a little more summer-appropriate, wear a summer staple in black. Crop tops, tank tops, shorts and sundresses – these are just some of the summer staples that would look fab in black.
- Black with a pop of color – another way to give black more of that cheery, summery vibe is to wear it with a nice and bright pop of color. What’s great about doing this is that any color you wear with black instantly looks brighter and more vivid, making your outfit look more lively.
- Wear it with lighter neutrals – if you’re not a fan of brights, though, you can give your black piece less of that dull and boring vibe by wearing it with lighter neutrals like beige, gray, cream, and the like.