The ponytail is one of the most basic hairstyles that everyone knows how to do. It’s one of those hairstyles that we’ve learned since we were little girls that we still do to our hair today no matter how grown up we are. The ponytail is super simple and easy to do and because of that, it’s so easy to modify and tweak it as well into something more complex and fabulous. if you’re looking for a hairstyle that you can wear in more ways than one, the ponytail is definitely the one for you. Check out these ideas on how to dress up a simple ponytail.
- FUN AND RETRO – need a retro-themed hairstyle? Even the simple and humble ponytail can be turned into something glamorous like a retro ponytail. A retro ponytail is often placed high up and is often accompanied by a big bump by the crown. The tail part also has a flirty curved flick at the end, the perfect end to a cute hairstyle. Wear it with a cat eye and a fiery red lip and you’re set to charm the crowd with that old world glam.
- WRAPPED – this is such a fun and easy way to dress up your ponytail without using any other hair accessory. Just do your ponytail as usual and take a small section of it and then wrap it around the ponytail to give it a fun twist. You can do the wrap as loose or as tight as you want and as wide or as narrow as you like.
- HALF FRENCH BRAID – if you’re looking for a way to dress up your ponytail with a bit of texture, just do a half French braid on your hair, stop when you reach your nape and secure it with an elastic band, leaving the rest of your hair into a ponytail.
- KNOTTED – here’s another cute idea if you want to add a cute detail to your ponytail without adding a hair accessory, part your hair into two sections, knot the two sections together (do it twice) and then secure with an elastic band.
- LOOPED – don’t you just hate it when the ends of your ponytail look so dry and dull? It ruins the whole look, no matter how cute. Hide the dry ends of your ponytail by doing a looped ponytail like the one below. It’s a great way to conceal dry ends if you don’t have time for a haircut just yet.
- PARTY READY – this is one easy way to dress up your ponytail and make it look party-ready and a little bit sexy, too. Add a nice big bump at the crown of your head before putting all your hair up in a ponytail and you’re ready to dance the night away!
- CUTE AND ROMANTIC – looking for a way to spice up your ponytail for tonight’s dinner date with your man? Create cute and romantic ponytail by doing soft waves on your hair before hand and then doing a side part before you finally put your hair up in a low side ponytail.
- SEGMENTED – this ponytail style is inspired by Princess Jasmine from Aladdin. It’s a really cool way to add lots of detail to your hair. You can do as many or as little segments as you like and make them as sleek or voluminous as you like as well.