When it comes to the most fashionable and most stylish ladies, we all know the French have it to a T. Next to the French, I think we can all agree that the Brits have it down. There are so many popular British fashion icons out there who always look like they just stepped right out off a page of a magazine and I know there are just as many girls who would love to be able to achieve that level of style. If you’re one of these girls, check out these tips on how to dress like your favorite Brit fashion icons.
- Suit up – Cara Delevingne, Emma Watson, Alexa Chung – if there’s one thing these ladies know how to do, it’s to suit up. You’ve seen them wear a suit multiple times before, slaying each one and sporting each suit with an amazing level of style and confidence. You don’t have to work in a corporate setting to wear a suit. Pull one off street style and give it some of the Brit style kick.
- Learn how to layer – weather in the UK is pretty cold, even when it’s not officially winter, so layering is a must and it’s something that our favorite Brit style icons have mastered over the years. The art of wearing one piece on top of another without making your outfit look too busy with too much going on is a skill Brit fashionistas have worked on mastering and so you should too.
- Season infusions – the thing about fashion is that each season calls for new trends and new wardrobe staples and in a place like UK where warm days are rare, the Brits have learned to master the art of wearing out-of-season items and making it work (and with sleek style, at that). A little bit of fur in the summer and open toe shoes and sandals in the winter never hurt anybody. Try it out and see what you can mix and match for yourself.
- Find your signature style – another thing that the British style icons are really good at is rocking their signature look. Cara Delevingne’s style is cool and hip, Rita Ora’s is spunky and sexy, and Fearne Cotton’s is fashion forward street style. Finding your signature style will take some time and the best way to discover it is to experiment until you find out what looks and feels right to you.
- Up your outerwear game – coming from a rather cold place, the Brits are never without outerwear, be it a heavy coat for a really cold day or a lighter cardigan for a chilly summer afternoon. Throwing on outerwear, however, not only provides you with warmth but adds to the depth and dimension of your look, too, so up your outwear game and add a few stunners to your closet now.