While you can always buy the clothes that are fresh off the runway, the truth of the matter is some will fit you – and some will not. Why? It’s because of your body shape. Avoid a costly fashion mistake by following these tips on how to dress according to your shape.
As the name suggests, the ballerina body type comes with long, lean muscles – ala dancer, of course. As for the height, you tower above all – like the famous supermodels out there. If you have a ballerina body type, then you need to know how to dress according to your shape by looking at the outfits of Victoria’s Secret Angel Karlie Kloss.
- Wear semi-loose menswear bottoms and balance them with tight-fitting tanks and crop tops.
- Go crazy with the frou-frou and embellishment! With your lean stature, you can definitely pull these off.
- Further lengthen your stance by wearing a high-neck top.
If you have an hourglass body shape, then congratulations! This symmetrical shape comes with a full bust, tiny waist, and round hips. Like Kim Kardashian, you can make the most out of your body with these tips on how to dress according to your shape:
- Show your midsection! A peek of your tummy can further accentuate your sexy waist.
- Balance it out. Should you decide to wear an oversized item, make sure to bare other parts of your body.
As the name suggests, an apple body type exhibits a ‘rounder’ upper and smaller limbs. When it comes to how to dress according to your shape, remember to wear clothes that draw attention to your stomach and hips, not your bust. Be as stunning as apple-shaped Tyra banks by following these tips on how to dress according to your shape:
- Create the illusion of a smaller top by wearing a dress with diagonal lines and prints.
- Miniaturize your bust by wearing long, streamlined jackets and toppers.
- Wear a slim-fit, full-shaped dress. Make sure that the waistband traverses the widest part of your tummy.
In a nutshell, the pear body shape is characterized by hefty hips, thighs, and butt. The chest and shoulders, on the other hand, are remarkably small. Although this is the case, you can be a fashion maven like Beyonce simply by following these tips on how to dress according to your shape:
- Wear an off-shoulder top. It can create symmetry between your tiny top and voluptuous bottom.
- Top it off with a bomber jacket. The volume it creates can balance out your hefty hips.
- Be ethereal in a mermaid dress. The wide ends can help taper your round backside.