Doing a wardrobe revamp is really exciting and it’s even therapeutic for some but that’s only when you have enough money to spend and splurge on new items that will replace the ones you let go of. One of the biggest reasons why a lot of women put off doing a wardrobe revamp is because it can be quite costly but we all know it’s important to keep your closet up to date if you want to look fab and stylish all the time, right? Don’t let a tight budget keep you from building a stylish and functional closet. Here are some tips on how to do a wardrobe revamp while on a budget. Check them out and see how you can still get the most bang for your buck in every way.
- Swap pieces out randomly – letting go of old pieces (though still perfectly wearable) to give way to the newer ones you just hauled is one of the toughest things to do, especially if you love fashion and shopping as much as I do. The result, then, is tons of unused items sitting at the back of your closet, waiting to see the light of day again. If you think you’ve been putting on the same outfits every time, resist the urge to go shopping and bust out those unused pieces instead. You haven’t used them for a while so they’ll be great for adding a fresh new touch to your everyday looks.
- Try visiting a thrift shop – thrift shop stuff are getting better these days. You’ll no longer find outdated, granny-ish clothes but instead you’ll see a fresh and wide array of stylish pieces that are certainly and definitely on trend and wearable. If you’re on a tight budget, visit a thrift shop. You’ll be surprised at what you’ll find in there. Oh, and when you do, try to dig deeper into the bins and racks because that’s mostly where the good stuff is.
- Invest in basics and essentials – if you ever get the luxury to splurge on something for your wardrobe, splurge on the basics and the essentials and not on trendy items that you know will be out of style soon. Doing this will ensure you that you’ll have a solid foundation for other looks. Even the most basic outfit can look super glamorous when paired with the right accessories or worn with pretty layers so stock up on them.
- Mix and match from different sets – we all have this tendency to always wear a certain item with the same things to get the same look so changing what you would wear together in a ‘set’ for an outfit can be an instant look changer. This is one easy way to get fresh new looks without having to buy new clothes. Switch up your pairings and accessorize differently. You’ll be amazed at how many more looks you can create with what you already have in your wardrobe.
- Swap with friends – okay, so this last tip is a little controversial. Some people will say no because of hygienic reasons and purposes while others will say yes because it’s one of the most practical ways to acquire new stuff. Anyway, if you have friends that are the same size as you (and you’re sure she has no hygiene issues) and you’re all on a budget, why not trade off some items? It’s like going to a swap meet but with people that you know.