Looking perfect on your big day is one of the biggest goals any bride-to-be strives to achieve. With so many new hair and makeup trends coming about, it can be difficult to decide on a look to wear on your wedding day. One of the best pieces of advice that I’ve learned about bridal hair and makeup is that it’s always best to go with timeless classics and the minimalist look is always a great look to go for if you want something that will always look good, be it on your wedding day or in the coming days and years when you look back. Here are some tips on how to do the minimalist bridal look.
- PICK YOUR MATCH – picking out a foundation that matches your skin tone perfectly is important if you want to achieve a gorgeous bridal look on your wedding day. Ask for the help of a friend who is knowledgeable about makeup or get the help of store assistants if you don’t know where to start. Mix foundation shades if you must. Starting off with a great canvass that is your face is key to achieving a stunning minimalist look.
- ONE PART NEUTRAL, ONE PART BOLD – just because you’re doing a minimalist look doesn’t mean you have to stick with a plain, dull and boring look. There are two main things to focus on when doing any kind of makeup and that is the eyes and the lips. Choose which one you would like to do in neutral and then make the other one bold. A neutral eye makeup look, for example, can be paired up with a really bold lip and vice versa.
- AVOID EXCESSIVE USE OF BRIGHT AND LOUD COLORS – having a hint or a pop of one bright / loud color throughout your look is fine but making it the dominant hue is not. Make sure to avoid using too much bright colors for your bridal look, at least for your look for the ceremony that is, and opt for softer and subtler shades.
- GO FOR THE DEWY LOOK – how do you pull off the minimalistic look without it falling flat? Simple. Just add a little sheen and a lot of that healthy glowing look by opting for a dewy look. The dewy finish on your bridal makeup will help keep you looking fresh all day long. It will also give you that radiant glow every bride covets.
- STEER CLEAR OF COMPLEX ‘DOs – the last thing you want on your wedding day is to have to redo your whole hairstyle just because you accidentally puller on one strand by mistake. Make sure to steer clear of any hairstyles and hairdos that are too complex. Braids, curls and waves are all really simple and easy to do and they’re perfect for achieving that romantic look as well.