Having frizzy hair is no big deal if it happens every once in a while (after all, everybody gets a bad hair day) but if it’s something that you battle with constantly a.k.a. every day, it might be time to look into your hair routine and see what is causing your hair to frizz up. Frizzy hair can be caused by a lot of things including plain old static to not nourishing your hair enough. Here are some tips and tricks on how to deal with frizzy hair for those of you out there who are sick of sporting the Lion King mane every single day.
- LET YOUR HAIR AIR DRY – I know some of you out there can’t live without their dryers but did you know that it’s one of the major culprits for your frizzy hair? Heat tends to make the hair cuticles swell up which leads to frizz so avoid it at all times.
- GO EASY ON HAIR TOOLS – speaking of heat, another thing that you should really minimize using are heat emitting hair tools. They’re also to blame for frizzy hair. If you must use a curling iron or a hair straightener, make sure to coat your tresses with a generous amount of heat protectant first and to always use the lowest / coolest setting possible.
- DON’T WASH YOUR HAIR EVERYDAY – washing your hair everyday strips it of the natural oils that keep your hair nice and soft. Scheduling hair washes to be 2 to 3 days apart. If you’re the kind who needs to feel that fresh and clean feeling after washing their hair, consider using dry shampoo on days when you won’t actually be washing your hair.
- USE THE RIGHT COMB / BRUSH – using the right kind of comb or hairbrush on your hair at the right time makes a world of a difference if you suffer from frizzy hair. A boar bristle brush is best for dry hair while a wide toothed comb should be used when combing your hair wet.
- ALWAYS HAVE STYLING PRODUCTS ON HAND – if you’re a busy gal on the go, remember to always have at least one or two styling products like gel, mousse or hairspray in your purse. These will help keep your hair looking smooth and sleek.
- MAINTENANCE IS A MUST – textured hair is the toughest to maintain when it comes to frizz. Deep condition your hair at least once a week and use nourishing hair masks to make your hair healthier and frizz – free.