Do you remember piling on clothes to dress up as your favorite Disney Princess when you were little? Fun times, huh? Well, you may have gotten older but whether you care to admit it or not, you know you still love channeling your inner princess every now and then but you just don’t show it because you think it’s too juvenile. Well, what if I told you that you can do that now without looking silly or like a 5 year-old again? Check out these tips on how to channel your favorite Disney princess with a grown up vibe.
- CINDERELLA – Cinderella’s a great Disney princess to get inspired by, at least fashion-wise, if you don’t feel like being all garbed up in pink. To get that Cinderalla-esque vibe going in your look, you’ll want to start with choosing pieces to put together in light blue, white and gray or silver. If you’re gearing up for the holiday festivities, you might want to add a little glitter to your look, too. Since you’re getting inspiration from the look she wore to the ball, you’ll also want to make sure you choose simple and elegant pieces.
- ARIEL – now, who didn’t love pretending they were a mermaid when they were little? Ariel has got to be one of my favorite Disney princesses to channel just because the colors for her look are super lively and gorgeous. To get Ariel’s look, start with picking out pieces in the colors purple and green or teal. Nautical-themed accessories like starfish stud earrings or a sea-shell necklace pendant will really take your look up a notch. Lend your outfit a quirky vibe by wearing mermaid leggings. Those are sure to get your inner Ariel to come out.
- AURORA – here’s something for all you ladies out there who want something very girly and feminine. Aurora’s look is pretty simple. A pink dress is pretty much all you need to get the look but of course, you can glam it up with details like lace or sequins. Adding hints of gold throughout the outfit will also give you a more princess-y look.
- SNOW WHITE – Snow White is one of the most popular Disney Princesses and her look is perhaps one of the easiest to channel as well. Red, yellow and blue are the main colors you’ll want to add to the palette when channeling Snow White. Details like bows and apples are sure to tie the look up together so have those somewhere in your outfit if you can.
- ELSA – and, of course, how could we miss the latest addition to the Disney Princesses that is Elsa. Though she’s actually more of a Queen than a Princess, it’s no doubt that she has a lot of us drooling over her icy cool style. Of course, you’ll want blue to be the dominant color in your outfit when channeling Elsa in your look. Snowflakes can be represented by lace and other dainty patterns. You’ll also want to throw in some white to the mix. Add some sparkle to your outfit by wearing something in metallic gray or silver. Of course, glitter and sequins are more than welcome to join the mix.