They say the smile is the best curve a woman can have and they also say it’s the best accessory to complete any look so if a smile plays that big of a part in your overall look, it’s important to keep it as pretty as possible. Now, sometimes, no matter how good you are with oral hygiene, some things just naturally get in the way of you getting your teeth to look as white and bright as possible. Thankfully, there are a few things that you can do to get that killer smile. Some of these may require you to take some cash from your savings but are guaranteed to work really well and fast while others take a while to show results but are great for people who are on a bit of a budget. Here are some tips on how to brighten up your pearly whites.
- Avoid the causes of stains – your teeth aren’t as white as you want them to be because of a lot of things so avoiding the causes of these stains can make whitening your teeth easier. Some of the most common causes of stain include smoking, drinking tea, coffee, soda and wine, sauces on food, sweets and even berries. If you can’t avoid them altogether then at least try to brush your teeth after consuming these.
- Professional teeth whitening – let’s start off with one of the most expensive yet effective ways to whiten your teeth: professional teeth whitening. Depending on how bad the stains are on your teeth, this dental procedure may show effects instantly or after a few sessions. You can have this done at your dentist’s clinic so there’s really no need to go see any kind of specialist.
- Teeth whitening kit –if you don’t have the time to go to a dentist but you still want to get your pearly whites even whiter, you can also purchase a teeth whitening kit that you can do at home. There are various brands and companies that make these so you can either ask for recommendations from your dentist or do some research on the internet.
- Try whitening toothpaste – these may take a while before you get really good results but they’re way cheaper compared to dental treatments or kits so if you’re on a budget, this is a really good way to get your teeth whitened. Look for toothpastes with blue covarine on the ingredients because this is what makes your teeth appear.
- Whitening strips – want to expedite the results of using whitening toothpaste? You can also use your whitening toothpaste along with whitening strips. These strips are made to stick to your (upper and lower) teeth and you’re supposed to let them stay for about 10 to 30 minutes before you remove them and rinse.
- DIY methods – the cheapest way to whiten your teeth is to try home remedies or DIY methods. Often, the things that you need for these are already in your cupboards so they’re essentially free. Most of the time, you’ll need baking soda for these DIY methods because it acts as the gentle abrasive that wears away the stain on your teeth.