Hi everyone. Hope you’re all doing well!
I’ve been looking for a Full coverage Make-up with true MATTE finish for a while, till I heard lots lots of raves about Make-up For Ever Foundations.
So, my addiction in me..
So, my addiction in me..
I got the Mat- Velvet + in No. 30, Super Matte Loose Powder in No. 14, the Face & Body Liquid Foundation in No. 20 at Make-up Forever Bonifacio High Street.
I have been using this foundation for couple weeks now and overall I am satisfied. So, I decided to make my review for the Matte Velvet+.. while for the other MUFE items, I’ll do next.
Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation
Number 30 Porcelain
About the Product
A shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation.
Hides imperfections, evens out skin tone, and mattifies with a non-oily, perfectly powdered finish.
The result is flawless and lasts for hours. Although this foundation provides full coverage, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs – a little goes a long way.
- It’s OIL- FREE! MATTE but definitely not flat, it still gives me the glow that I always want.
- It’s a full coverage foundation. I only need a fairly thin layer to conceal uneven skin tone, marks and other redness. You can surely get by without concealer, but I don’t suggest using it for under eye, might be too drying.
- Water resistant it is! I’m active and sweats a lot, this doesn’t budge or smudge. It stays put and doesn’t rub off to my clothes.
- Great range of shades available, you’ll surely find your match.
- It’s not cakey, or fake looking. Fits the skin so well without any greasy touch or feel.
- Staying power is phenomenal. I have used it for 8-10 hours straight. Moreover, I barely needed to blot as this held up remarkably well.
- It doesn’t break my skin out. However, I’m having some dry patches like on the cheeks and around the nose. So, moisturizer or regular acne skincare regimen is necessary to ensure good results with this foundation.
- Most Important. It photographs well!
- It sets fairly quickly, kinda hard to blend so I prefer dotting the product directly on my face then blend in with a good brush or damp sponge.
- Expensive foundation that is housed in a screw top cap with a nozzle glue like, out of which you squeeze, rather than pump. Ugggh, I just don’t like the packaging.
- Prep and Prime your face before your foundation routine. Use a good moisturizer.
- Use the “dot method” apply small amount of product on each section of your face then blend it in with a damp sponge, dense flat top kabuki or any sigmax brushes.
- Even it’s Matte and Oil-Free, I would still recommend setting your foundation with a good loose powder.
- Instead of applying too much foundation to hide some blemishes and other flaws. Use a concealer pot or stick, if needed.
- Make sure to thoroughly clean and remove this product at the end of the day!
I’m extremely picky on using silicone-based foundation due to my sensitive acne prone skin.
It took me so long to try out this foundation but I’m glad I finally did!
I am sure that this will always have a place on my stash, no matter how many other foundations I buy.