With summer in full blast, days only get hotter which is why a lot of women are opting for shorter hair but if you’re not ready to go for the chop just yet and you want to keep your long hair but don’t want it to get in the way of you getting some fun under the sun, then check out these cute and gorgeous hairstyles to beat the summer heat.
- PONYTAIL (and all its creative versions) – the ponytail is perhaps one of the most popular hairstyles in the history of beauty and, over time, different versions have been made to give this classic ‘do a fun new twist. If you’re looking for a quick and easy hairstyle to sport this summer, look no further than the ponytail. If you get bored, you can always switch it up by opting for one of its more creative variations.
- BRAIDED PIGTAILS – give the good ol’ pigtails a more grown up and chicer twist by doing a fishtail braid on it (or an inverted one for an ultra fab look). This is sure to get your hair out of the way so you can enjoy your summer activities worry free.
- SIDE FISHTAIL BRAID – nothing screams summer hair more than a cute little fishtail braid. To give it a more grown up look, do a side fishtail braid and maybe even style it up by teasing it to give it more volume or by doing your own take on the messy side fishtail braid.
- CROWN BRAID – crown braids make great protective hairstyles for women with all kinds of hair type. You can do it half up if you want a more feminine look or go all out and go for the updo version to help keep you cool on a hot summer day.
- FLUFFY TOP KNOT – top knots have always been a top choice when it comes to summer hairstyles. Instead of going for the usual tight ballerina top knot, why not do something a little more relaxed for everyday looks? The messy, fluffy top knot is something that you can wear with just about any look you have planned this summer and it takes literally 5 minutes (or less) to do.
- FAUX LOB – don’t know what to do with that super long hair of yours? Get on the long bob / lob trend! You don’t have to cut off any of your hair if you don’t want to because you can always fake it and get the look with a few bobby pins and some hair gel / wax. Check out the tutorial here.