Everyone has their favourite recipe for guacamole but this is mine. I make it a lot to serve on the side of roasted chicken or eggs or just as a dip for fresh vegetables. I like it chunky, crunchy and full of flavour with extra cilantro and no tomatoes.
- 5 large avocados, ripe
- 2 large limes, juiced
- 4 green onions, sliced white and green parts
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cut avocados in half and slice and chop into chunks. Scoop out into a medium bowl and immediately squeeze the lime juice over the avocado and mix.
- Add to the avocado: onion, garlic, pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro and salt and pepper and mix to combine thoroughly.