The first day of the new year has come and gone and I’m pretty sure a lot of you out there have told themselves that they’ll be changing up their looks this year but how many of you have already done anything at all, though? There are lots of ways to change up your look but if you’re looking for a place to start with little baby steps so you don’t have to do anything too bold or drastic all at once, why not start with your hair? Here are some fun ways to change up your hair.
- CHOP IT OFF – a lot of women are afraid to get short hair because it can be very limiting but what they often fail to realize is that it can be liberating as well. You wouldn’t have to worry about styling it, keeping it tangle-free and decent-looking (even on a hectic day) or putting it up in an updo when you don’t want to be bothered with strands flying all around.
- CLIP ON EXTENSIONS – now, for those of you out there who have had short hair all their life and want to try out something new, why not try hair extensions? The clip-in ones are super convenient as you can take them on and off whenever you like. Make sure to get really good ones so that they blend in well and look natural with the rest of your hair.
- DYE IT ANOTHER COLOR – one of the easiest ways to get a new look is to dye your hair another color. Why don’t you try platinum blonde this winter? It’ll give you that Ice Queen-esque look that’s all the rage today when worn with winter whites. Ombre and balayage are other great options, too.
- DO A DIFFERENT PART – not up for something too big of a change? Just part your hair to the other of where it’s usually parted and you have something that’s sure to keep your friends wondering about. If you naturally have a center part, try a side part for a change, or a zigzag one!
- GET BANGS CUT IN – bangs never fail to give anyone a new look, even if it’s the only thing different from your previous hairstyle. Getting bangs cut in takes commitment, though, so make sure you know what style flatters your facial shape because you’ll be stuck with it for a while.
- SPORT A NEW SIGNATURE ‘DO – don’t want to cut, color or do anything that involves chemicals with your hair but still want a new look? Say goodbye to your old signature ‘do, whatever it is, and experiment with a new one. This is something that you’ll be wearing most of the time so make sure it’s pretty and convenient at the same time.