If there’s one thing that I know we all have in our closets, no matter what the style preference, age, gender or whatnot, it’s jeans. You may not always wear them but I know you have at least one pair stashed somewhere in your closet right now, waiting to be noticed and worn. Most likely, that pair you have is a pair of skinny jeans, too, am I right? While the skinny jeans is one of the few universally flattering jean styles out there, don’t you think it’s been on the spotlight for way too long now? Here are some fresh new ways to wear your jeans today in case you’re looking for an alternative to your skinnies.
- PALAZZO – these are the perfect alternative to your skinny jeans if you’re looking for something that will give you a break from those tight-fitting pairs. They may seem a bit overwhelming at first, especially if you’ve gotten too comfy with skinny jeans but they’re actually really easy to pull off. Make sure to wear them with heels to ensure that you won’t end up looking short and stumpy.
- PATCHWORK DENIM – whether it’s your jeans, shorts or your jean jacket, a bit of patchwork can really add some character to it. Now, if you’re a crafty gal, you can DIY old pairs of jeans and sew on the patchwork yourself but if not, you can always purchase a new one with this design. Patchwork is perfect for adding that rugged street style vibe to your look.
- JEAN SKIRT – and if you’re looking for a more feminine way to wear your jeans, how about sporting a jean skirt? Jean skirts come in all lengths and styles so you’re sure to find one (or more) that will suit your style and blend right in with the rest of your wardrobe. It’s a great piece to reach for if you’re feeling like adding a bit of the 70s flare into your look.
- EMBELLISHED – getting bored of your plain and simple jeans? Add on some embellishments and see how you can instantly transform them and take them from drab to fab. Just like patchwork denim, you can DIY your embellished jeans as well if you feel your creative juice running and if you have time on your hands.
- BRAND NEW BLUE – lastly, if you’re looking for a fresh new way to break free from all these trends, why not go back to the basics and sport a pair of brand new blue jeans – in mint condition – no patches, no rips, nothing but the good ol’ blue jeans.