The denim on denim trend, also otherwise known as the double denim trend, is a great look to sport if you’re looking for something that’s casual, easy and laidback without losing the chic factor in your outfit. It’s a proven favorite for many fashionistas around the globe and it’s classically versatile which means that you can wear it in more ways than one and effortlessly pull it off every single time. Here are some flattering ways to wear denim on denim.
- LIGHT AND DARK – one really easy way to make sure that you denim on denim outfit doesn’t end up looking tacky is to make sure that you wear both top and bottom pieces a shade or two apart. A darker top should be paired up with lighter bottoms or vice versa to provide your outfit with the right dimension and detail that will keep it from looking tacky and boring.
- TRY WHITE DENIM – a denim on denim outfit doesn’t always have to make use of traditional blue denim. If you’re looking for ways to create a more posh denim on denim outfit, try incorporating white denim in your look. It will add that fresh, crisp vibe to the whole ensemble and it will also give the regular double denim look a nice, new twist.
- FAKE IT – can you achieve the look of a double denim ensemble without actually wearing two pieces of denim? The answer is yes. You can fake the denim on denim trend by wearing one piece outfits like dresses, jumpsuits, overalls or even rompers. Make it look even more legit by breaking up the look with a cool belt.
- SWITCH JEANS WITH A SKIRT – instead of the usual denim top and jeans combo, go for something a little more ladylike and unique by opting for a denim skirt. It’s a great way to add a little feminine flare to your look without totally ditching the double denim trend and it is perfect for those who want something a bit different from the ordinary.
- EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT SILHOUETTES – aside from switching up your jeans with a denim skirt, trying out other silhouettes for your denim on denim ensemble can help you come up with something stylish and unique, too. A soft denim vest, for example, cinched by the waist with a belt can be paired up with a denim maxi skirt for a loose and flowy Boho-ish kind of look or you can go for a slightly oversized denim top with super skinny jeans for a well-balanced silhouette.
- CREATE LAYERS – just because you’re meant to do denim on denim doesn’t mean you can’t wear anything else along with it. Adding layers to your outfit makes for the perfect excuse to do a more subtle double denim look. It’s also great if you think that a plain double denim outfit is too intense for you.