Looking fashionable all the time is hard work which is why it’s okay if you’re always looking for ways to make things easier. Aside from the fact that you’d have to think of cute new outfit combinations every day, you’d also have to keep up with new trends that pop up every now and then. Check out these fashion hacks to make dressing up easier every time.
- Getting longer legs – if you weren’t naturally blessed with super long legs but want to make it look like you were, just wear a pair of nude pointy toe shoes. It would help heaps if you could get a pair of nude shoes closest to your skin tone. This trick creates a long and unbroken line that makes your legs look longer.
- To keep dark wash dark – don’t you just hate it when the dark wash jeans you love turns into light wash jeans over time because of washing? To keep your dark wash jeans dark, add half a cup of distiller vinegar to the final rinse when washing them.
- Preventing runs – nothing is more embarrassing than having to discover that your hosiery has a few couple areas where the fabric has started to run. It just looks cheap and uncomely. To prevent this, spray them with sticky hairspray and let dry before wearing them. If you find that there are itty bitty holes starting to run, just swip clear nail polish over them to ‘seal’ them and prevent further running.
- Classy minis and shorts – if you’ve ever wondered if there’s a way to make miniskirts and super short shorts classy, the answer is yes. To create a classy outfit while wearing shorts or miniskirts, make sure that you don’t wear anything too sexy or skimpy on top.
- Leather like new – if you have a leather item that’s been sitting in your closet for a while now or maybe a pair of leather boots that’s been soaked in the rain a few couple of time, you may notice that it no longer looks like it did when you first bought it but don’t worry because you can restore it yourself without spending tons of cash. Just spray it with a bit of Windex and start rubbing your leather item back to life!
- Get rid of smelly shoes – smelly shoes are never okay! However, they’re inevitable for some of us, especially after working out. To get rid of sweaty and smelly shoes, take them off as soon as you get home and pour about 2 to 3 tbsp of baking soda in each shoe and let it sit overnight. The baking soda will absorb the sweat and get rid of the nasty smell in your shoes.
- Make room in tight shoes – got a pair of shoes that are too tight? Make some room in them by filling two freezer bags with water and putting them in each shoe then leaving them in the freezer overnight. Your shoes will expand to about half a size as the water freezes so it should fit fine by morning.