Fashion is a tricky game that we all want to learn. Trends are one of the things that make fashion tricky to follow and understand so if you’re someone who hates having to undergo changes every now and then, you might find keeping up with fashion trends a bit of a challenge and that’s why it’s important to discover your own personal style as early as you can. Aside from not being able to keep up with the trends, another thing that a lot of women fear in fashion is committing fashion faux pas. They’re super embarrassing and they can be a hassle to deal with, too! Here are some fashion faux pas that you should avoid at all costs.
- Muffin tops – there’s really nothing wrong with gaining a few extra pounds as long as you make sure that it doesn’t obviously show when you put your clothes on. Muffin tops are a dead giveaway that you’ve either gained weight or picked the wrong pair of jeans. If you’ve recently gained weight, avoid wearing those low-rise jeans that you love so much and try sticking to midrise or even high rise ones instead. These will help keep those muffin tops hidden.
- Exposed bra straps – you may think they’re sexy but they public says otherwise and you’ll learn that as soon as you head out that door. Exposed bra straps not only make your outfit cheap, they can also be an eyesore when they’re loudly, boldly and obviously showing when you’re wearing a tube top or an off the shoulder top. If you’re going to be wearing these, wear a strapless bra or a bandeau instead. Those ‘transparent’ bra straps are just as visible as regular bra straps so don’t even think of wearing those.
- Wearing socks with sandals – ugly shoes seem to be one of the ‘it’ shoes today and I really don’t understand how that happened but in case you’re thinking of rocking an ‘ugly shoe’, please don’t add anymore insult to the injury by wearing it with socks. Socks and sandals just don’t go together, no matter how many fashion houses do the combo on their runway shows.
- Mismatched combos – mismatching prints and patterns have been one of the biggest trends this year but that doesn’t mean you can just throw on whatever you first get to grab from your closet. Mixing and matching different prints and patterns and creating fusion between two different styles has to be done right so it won’t look tacky. Make sure all the pieces you put together in one look creates one cohesive outfit instead of an ugly one.
- Panty lines – it’s embarrassing and it’s never nice to have visible panty lines whenever you’re wearing leggings or a fitted skirt. If you don’t like wearing thongs, at least try to get your hands on seamless underwear so they don’t make a mark when you’re wearing something tight.
- Camel toe – another fashion faux pas that you should avoid at all times is a came toe. If you don’t know what a camel toe is, please Google it up because it’s just too embarrassing to even put in words. To avoid a camel toe, make sure your pants aren’t too tight.