Boots are one of my favorite shoe styles of all time. There are so many styles and designs to choose from, it’s almost impossible not to find a pair that will fit your style and go with the majority of the pieces in your wardrobe. Though quite versatile and wearable all year long, boots tend to become more visible and dominant in the fashion scene during the months of fall and winter. In preparation for the coming seasons,check out these tips and ideas for fantastic ways to wear boots for fall.
- NEUTRAL LOOK – while there are lots of colors you can get your boots in, neutral hues like black and brown are the most popular, especially during this time of the year. Create a chic and fabulous neutral look by wearing your black / brown boots with other neutral colors and cozy knits. This outfit is perfect if you want something easy and laidback for a lazy day out.
- EVERYDAY CASUAL – one easy way to wear your boots is to wear them with skinny jeans. Skinny jeans make tucking pants inside taller boots a much easier job. This combo makes a great go – to look for those who are always pressed for time and barely have any left to plan out their daily outfits.
- OTK WITH A MINI DRESS / SKIRT – fall is usually the last time we put our mini dresses and miniskirts to use so why not make the most out of these days and wear them as much as you can? Create a cute and cozy outfit by pairing up a pair sexy over the knee boots with a short dress or a mini skirt. Go for a flouncy a-line silhouette if you want a flirty vibe to your look or stick to a body con if you just want a streamlined look.
- MENSWEAR INSPIRED – a pair of leather ankle boots with utilitarian details like buckles and whatnot can lend your outfit a nice and subtle menswear inspired look which is one of the trends to watch out for this fall. Pair it up with a slouchy boyfriend shirt and your comfiest jeans and accessorize with other menswear inspired pieces for a look that’s perfect for everyday.
- CHIC AND SLEEK – I personally prefer tall and slouchy boots over anything but that’s only because I’m all about the comfy, lounge-y look. If you’re the opposite and you love looking sharp, chic and sleek all the time, a pair of leather boots might just be what you need. Pair it up with your fall work wardrobe pieces for a posh and sophisticated look you can wear to work.