You don’t have to spend a lot just to get a unique purse. With these DIY ideas, you can create a bag that is uniquely your own!
What You Need:
- Floral pattern cloth
- Small plastic dishes, 2 pieces
- Brushes, 2 pieces
- Painter’s tape
- Craft paint
- Mod Podge
- Protect the hardware and embellishments of your bag with painter’s tape.
- Squeeze craft paint on a small plastic dish. Use a brush to apply paint to the area you want to redesign.
- Let the coat dry before applying another 1-2 layers of paint.
- Cut desired floral designs from the fabric.
- Apply the designs to the bag and cover with mod podge.
- Let the appliques dry. Remove the protective tape before using your newly-designed bag.
If you have time to sew, then you should take on this laborious yet rewarding sequin purse.
What You Need:
- Sequined Thread
- Draw pattern stencils on the fabric. Choose a design that suits you most.
- Use a needle and thread to anchor your sequined thread to the starting point.
- Follow the stencil with the sequined thread, using your needle and thread to secure the embellishments as needed.
- Once the stenciled fabric has been populated, sew the edges to create smoother ends.
- Sew the fabric together to create a flap purse. Add a magnetic clasp or other closure material as needed.
Got a sweater that you don’t use anymore? Make it more purposeful by transforming it into a bag.
What You Need
- Old sweater (or shirt)
- Sewing machine
- Cut the sleeves, as well as a few inches of fabric at the end of the top.
- Take the trimmed top and arrange it in such a way that the sleeves are placed on top of each other. These sleeves will now serve as the handles of the bag.
- Attached the cut fabric to the end of the sweater. Secure both ends with pins.
- Sew both ends to fasten the ‘base’ of the bag.
- Use the extra fabric or other embellishments to decorate the bag.