Getting bangs cut in for the first time in a long while can bring a refreshing change to your looks. If you’re looking for ways to shake up and spice up your appearance without really doing anything bold and drastic, getting bangs or fringes might just be what you need. As someone who is fond of getting bangs cut in, I’d say the hardest part of it all is the ‘growing it out’ stage. Your bangs will reach an awkward length that will annoy you on some days but don’t worry about that because we’ve got cute solutions for you. Lear how to deal with growing out bangs with these fab hairstyles.
- THE BANDANA LOOK – since it’s now officially summer, the bandana headband look will be back on trend again and if you’re currently growing out your bangs, this is a great hairstyle that can help you cope with it. Turn your bandana into a headband by folding it into a strip and then tying it around your head and securing it at the back with a knot. Make sure to sweep back your bangs in the process to get it out of the way.
- CREATE RETRO CURLS – if your bangs are at that stage when they’re too long to really be considered bangs but too short to blend in with the rest of your hair, one thing you can do to get them out of the way is to turn them into retro finger wave curls. This has become a signature look for Taylor Swift and I think it’s a look that anyone can easily pull off, too.
- TWIST IT – for a quick way to get your bangs out of your face, grab them, twist them and then pin them either to the side of to your crown (to create a mini bouffant). This will take you no longer than 3 minutes so it’s great if you’ve got layered bangs and it’s also a perfect solution for when you’re just about to head out and you need a quick fix for your bangs.
- BRAID IT – braiding your bangs is perhaps one of the oldest tricks in the book when it comes to dealing with it during the growing out stage. It’s an easy but chic fix for those who just can’t stand the itchy feeling of hair poking your eyes and your face when they get too long.
- SLICK IT BACK – looking for a way to get an edgy look while growing out your bangs? All you need is a handful of styling gel, maybe some mousse and a comb to get the job done. Check out the photos below for some inspiration.