Who would have known that combining two amazing sweets together can create one of the best desserts out there. Cookies and cream has to be one of my favorite desserts in the world. I hope dulce de leche has no hard feelings about this you are almost close to being my favorite. Anyways we are only human and I am sure we crave all sorts of treats but have to hold back cause we want to make sure are pants still button without popping. So I got inspired to make these cookies and cream cupcakes when I saw a very good friend of mine Diana create her own version and they looked mouth watering. But instead I decided to make them figure friendly, still enjoyable and high in protein.
1 box of Sugar Free Oreo cookies
Cool Whip Free
1 box of Oreo Pudding Instant Mix
1/2 box of Pillsbury Sugar Free Devils Food Mix
4 egg whites (makes half a cup)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup soda water
1 scoop of chocolate low carb protein powder
1. Mix together the cool whip and the Oreo pudding mix. I would say about a 1/4 cup of cool whip and about a 1 1/2 tbsp of the dry Oreo pudding mix. When done mixing cover the bowl of the frosting and store in the refrigerator until it is time to frost the cupcakes.
2. In a large bowl pour half the box of devils food mix, baking powder and protein powder. Whisk all of those together and make sure it is clump free.
3. Add the vanilla extract and the soda water and mix it until it is smooth and creamy.
4. In a separate bowl beat the egg whites with an electric hand mixer for two minutes. The egg whites should turn white and fluffy.
5. Add the egg whites to the batter and mix together well.
6. Line up your muffin pan with cupcake liners. Put inside each liner a sugar free Oreo cookie. Then pour in the batter almost reaching the top.
7. Place it in the preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the batter is fully cooked.
8. When it is fully cooked take them out of the oven and let them cool out of pan for 10 minutes before frosting.
9. Once they are cooled you can frost them. You can add a cookie on top or crumble some crumbs for decoration.