|Sunday morning waffles and bacon.|
Breakfast if my favourite meal of the day so I spent my Sunday morning working on a Paleo waffle recipe. This version was so delicious I think I said “yum” after every bite. A very good friend of mine gave me a new waffle maker, and not just any waffle maker. I am now the proud owner of the All Clad waffle maker from Williams Sonoma so of course I could hardly wait to start using it.
I took a Thai cooking class years ago and I remember making sauteed bananas in coconut milk and caramelized brown sugar. I recreated the recipe using coconut sugar and it was fantastic served over these Paleo waffles. These bananas would be great over pancakes or coconut ice cream as well. This is the type of recipe I love; a few simple ingredients that enhance each flavour in a perfect combination.
So the recipe I am going to share with you is for the bananas. The waffle recipe is going to my cookbook pile but if you would like it please become a follower of my blog and then send me an email and I will share it with you.
Coconut Cream Bananas
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, or organic butter
- 2 tbsp palm sugar or maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- toasted pecans for garnish
- In a medium non-stick skillet melt coconut oil or butter over medium heat.
- Add to the skillet the palm sugar and let cook for a minute stirring a few times. Add in the bananas and let cook for a few minutes.
- Add in coconut milk and vanilla and bring to a boil. Remove from heat immediately. You don’t want to cook this for too long as the bananas will start to break up. This should only take 5 minutes total.