If you’re a girly girl, chances are that your closet is full of girly and frilly clothes like dresses and skirts and you only have a few pieces that are sporty-looking. Not a lot of women go for the athletic look for their everyday outfits just because the athletic look has a more of a boyish vibe to it but there are certainly lots of ways that you can soften up the look and make it more girly and feminine. Here are some chic athletic pieces to add to your wardrobe now.
- Wedge sneakers – plain old sneakers are great for when you want something easy, laidback and comfy. They’re great for creating casual and street style looks. If you want something that looks a little more chic and interesting, though, you can up your sneaker game and go for wedge sneakers instead. They’re the perfect shoes to go for if you want something sexy with an athletic vibe. There are great if you want something both girly and athletic without busting out your brightest pair of sneakers.
- Racer back tank tops – instead of wearing your regular spaghetti strap tank tops, wear something a little more sporty and go for a racer back tank top instead. Wear it with your regular jeans or denim shorts for an easy and simple casual summer outfit or dress it up a little and wear it with something more polished and posh like a pencil skirt or maybe e full skirt to give your look a more feminine touch.
- Jersey shirt – a jersey team shirt is something you’d only wear when cheering your home team but it doesn’t always have to be so. You can wear your jersey shirt anytime you feel like sporting a chic and sporty street style look. Ditch the jeans and wear it with something more fab like leather pants or something more girly like a skirt. You can also get your hands on an oversized jersey shirt and sport it as a dress then wear it with your favorite pair of slinky heels to get that sexy look.
- Jogger pants – nope, not the jogger pants you have in mind. To get a chic look with a bit of an athletic vibe in it, try wearing jogger pants but not the kind that you would hit the gym with. Leather jogger pants, sequined jogger pants, harem-style jogger pants – these are the kinds of jogger pants you’d want to wear if you’re trying to pull off a stylish look.
- Varsity jacket – another really easy piece to wear to get a hint of that athletic vibe going on in your outfit is a varsity jacket. You can practically wear it with anything. Just throw it on top and you’ve got instant athletic chick status.