When I went to Mexico over Spring Break, I made the mistake of not putting enough sunscreen on my face throughout the day and my skin got seriously burned. I cannot stress enough how important it is to apply and reapply sunscreen all day long if you are out by a pool or at the beach. Even if you’ll be spending any time in the sun, put on some sunscreen to protect your skin. When I had my burn, nothing I brought was helping, but my friend had Burt’s Bees After Sun Soother. I put some on my face and I was addicted. I kept slathering it on my face for the rest of the week.
Burt’s Bees After Sun Soother with Aloe and Linden Flower was so soothing and gentle on my skin. I’ve used regular Aloe Vera gel before and it’s been soothing, but it’s made my face sticky and tight. Burt’s Bees After Sun Soother is more like a cream or lotion in consistency and appearance.
It also moisturizes and hydrates the skin, which feels much better than having tight skin. That can be quite uncomfortable with or without a burn. It’s made of natural ingredients and didn’t aggravate my skin at all. I was a bit worried that it would cause me to have a breakout, but I actually think that it helped my skin and made my complexion much more even.
It comes in a tube that easily dispenses the amount of cream desired. I quite like the appearance of the tube because Burt’s Bees prides itself on using natural ingredients and the leaves and light colors make me think of nature. It looks similar to many of the Burt’s Bees products, but is slightly different to give it a unique look. It’s easy to use and isn’t messy at all. This tube contains 6 oz. and lasts forever. My friend said she’s had hers for over a year and uses it all the time because she frequently travels to the beach.
I would definitely repurchase Burt’s Bees Aloe & Linden Flower After Sun Soother and it’s the only thing I’ll use on a sunburn from now on. It took down the swelling in my face within the first hour of application and helped my pain level drastically. It also really helped prevent my face from peeling as badly. I’m sure I had a bit of sun poisoning (it was that bad, trust me) and I was so thankful to have this product to use.