Hot summer days usually have many long-haired women thinking of going for the chop but if you just can’t bring yourself to doing it, don’t worry. There are plenty of other ways to cope with the summer heat without having to let go of your precious locks. Here are some braided hairstyles for this summer.
- INVERTED DUTCH BRAID – if you love the look of the traditional French / three-strand braid but wish there was something you could do to it to just shake up the look a little bit, why not try the Dutch braid? This braid style is basically just like doing an inverted braid to make it pop out and makes an interesting hair statement. Here’s a link to an easy tutorial on how to get it done.
- INFINITY BRAID – here’s a braid that doesn’t exactly look like a braid. The infinity braid is a great way to dress up your regular ponytail. It’s a little confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, it becomes easier and quicker to do. Check out the step by step guide to this gorgeous hairstyle from Divine Caroline.
- WATERFALL BRAID – if you’re not a fan of getting textured hair after releasing your hair from your braids, you should definitely try the waterfall braid. It’s loose enough not to hold your locks in too much so it doesn’t leave them too wavy or curly even after a full day but it’s still pretty and cute like all other braided hairstyles plus the intricateness of the look is just so irresistibly gorgeous, you just have to try it! What’s great about this is that you can do it, no matter if you hair is long or short. Here’s a tutorial from Missy Sue on Youtube.
- CHAIN LINK BRAID – the chain link braid is the 3D version of your regular braid. It’s a cute hairstyle that’s guaranteed to make people do a double take on your hair. Despite looking complex because of the 3D aspect of the braid, this one is actually easy to do but it does require 4 strands instead of the usual 4. Here is a video tutorial to help you create the look.
- ROPE BRAID – for a quick and easy but super fun braid style, try the rope braid. It’s a whole lot easier than any other kind of braid so it’s perfect for those days when you just don’t have that much time to fiddle and play with your hair but you still want a nice and well put together look.