This year’s MET Gala’s theme was China: Through the Looking Glass and you can bet your bottom dollar that there were some really, really rad outfits on the red carpet that caught our eyes – some because they were super fab and some because they were… well, not so super glam. Some celebs stuck to their favorite designers while others took to Chinese designers for a more authentic look and feel. Here are some of the best dressed celebs at the MET Gala.
- RIHANNA – her dress may have been the subject of many memes online but if you look closely, hers is actually one of the best that fits this year’s MET Gala theme well. The elegant and elaborate, ritzy yellow dress is by Chinese designer Guo Pei.
- RITA ORA – Rita Ora looked ravishing in a red Tom Ford dress which was the perfect combination of a Chinese cultural and sexy glam Hollywood look. The dress definitely made a fab statement on the red carpet and her makeup which was very minimal finished off with a bold red lip went really well with the ensemble.
- CARA DELEVINGNE – Cara has always had her own way of interpreting things through fashion. For the MET Gala this year, the supermodel wore a sexy black Stella McCartney one-piece suit and added the Chinese flare to her look by sporting temporary tattoos.
- AMAL CLOONEY – Amal had none of the usual and traditional Chinese elements in her outfit but she sure had an awesome interpretation of the theme. Amal wore a red John Galliano for Maison Margela number. The dress featured all the layers, tiers and textures that it needed to land this influential lady on the best dressed list.
- ROSIE HUNTINGTON WHITELEY – Rosie’s dress didn’t look very Chinese, at least not to me, but it sure was one heck of an outfit! The neutral colored Atelier Versace dress was sexy and sophisticated at the same time – something that a lot of other outfits at the MET Gala had a hard time achieving.
- EMILY RATAJKOWSKI – the custom Top Shop dress Emily wore to the MET Gala was beyond gorgeous. It was simple yet stunning and the details on it were very sharp, too. Her gold shoes went perfectly with the dress and her makeup (which was on point, by the way) tied everything in.
- JENNIFER LAWRENCE – Jennifer Lawrence’s dress was quite simple but that didn’t stop her from landing a spot in this best dressed list. She wore a floral and black Christian Dior dress with a statement silver detail by the neck then finished off her outfit with a sexy pair of strappy stilettos.