About Ben Nye Creme Foundation:
Ben Nye Creme Foundations are remarkably diverse to subtly blend with all complexions, or to theatrically transform performers into characters. It offers superb quality, intense pigmentation and distinctive color selection while it provides Smooth consistency and effortless blending.
I received two shades to try; Ben Nye in Creamy Beige (LO) and Golden Beige (TW-22).
My close match is the Creamy Beige (LO)~ At first glance, I thought it would still not match my skintone because it’s leaning to some pink hue. I was surprised when I applied it on my face! Voila!
|Bare face with Primer and visible spots from acne.|
What I like:
- Inexpensive~ It is excellent for the price PHP 560 for .5oz/14g, that will surely last me a year.
- An absolute full coverage foundation- It does cover anything imaginable!
- I find it great for concealing dark undereye and blemishes because of its thick, creamy and non-drying consistency. It doesn’t emphasize the fine lines or any flaws.
- It has a variety of color match selections to choose from and grouped by different undertone. This means everyone could find a match.
- Long wearability, as it stays in place and doesn’t create crease under the eyes, and not blotchy in some of my problem areas.
- It is very opaque~well pigmented. You just need a tiny bit of cream for a flawless coverage. A little goes a long way indeed.
- It photographs well also; my skin looks dewy and luminous.
- The color stays true~ it didn’t oxidize when I used it or give me any – mask likee/ white grayish cast.
- It doesn’t irritate my skin, no itchiness, no redness, no break-out! Yay!
- Mistake proof and Easy to apply. It goes on smoothly, blends beautifully as it gives an even and flawless coverage.
- You can’t go over the counter to try the tester and get your match.. However you can easily get your color match through Ben Nye Cream Foundation Color Chart which is very helpful in finding the right shade.
- For a very sensitive oily acne prone skin, I don’t think it is healthy for an everyday wear.
- This creamy foundation can be layered, always apply lightly and layer for more coverage.
- It can be applied with your fingertips~ simply rub a warm finger on the surface, and work it on your skin until it melts and blends like wonder..
- It is so perfect with damp beauty blender sponge too! Gently pat some product and gently buff off any excess foundation. Voila!
- Always set your foundation with any translucent or pressed powder for lasting effect. Below FOTD photos- I used the Ben Nye Banana Visage~Luxury setting powder and it lasts me until i remove my make up (8 to 12 hrs for me
What I like:
- Inexpensive PHP 520 for 1.5oz/42 gms compared to other professional setting powders.
- NO product wastage. the container has a twist top with a shaker…which can’t be contaminated with everyday use and keeps you away from having an open jar laying around.
- It’s a translucent powder that is suited to almost all skin types. It has a peachy yellow tone to it won’t look ashy even to dark skintone.
- Great setting powder. It does not alter the shade of the foundation and it doesn’t oxidize or change color while it improves the staying power of my foundation/concealer.
- It has a good coverage too. It can cover a bit of spots and redness. So it still works with me even without the foundation or concealer.
- Blends easily. It doesn’t settle or accentuate the fine lines.
- Good Oil-control. Looks good even if I perspire.
- No weird scent. I had no allergies or breakouts.
- No shimmer and it does give a nice “bright” look
What I didn’t like:
- It is not as silky like my other normal setting powder.
- You will need an empty loose powder tub or a dish to transfer some powder from the shaker bottle.
- Apply with a brush or a velour puff. Always tap the excess powder and gently pat it in rolling motion. Too much powder will always lead to cakey-ness.