|The best banana muffins ever!|
I love baking, really love baking. These muffins are comfort for your soul when you have been living gluten free and eating clean. Next time you have a bad day make these muffins and there is no question your spirits will be raised. I was having a great day today but I had bananas that required immediate attention and I was recently asked for my banana muffin recipe so thought I would share it with all of you.
These muffins are out of this world good. Do I say that about everything? I have baked a lot of muffins and this one would rival any gluten and white sugar muffin out there. I used palm sugar which is a low glycemic and low fructose sugar. It is sometimes called coconut sugar. It has a caramel flavour and looks almost like brown sugar. If you can’t find it, or don’t have it, honey works just as well. I want to mention that it is important in baking to have your ingredients at room temperature. If your eggs are in the refrigerator place them in a bowl and cover with hot tap water for a few minutes to warm them. I used goat milk butter in these muffins, but if you are not “doing” dairy coconut oil works great.
Banana Walnut Muffins
- 3 large bananas, very ripe
- 3 eggs, large, room temperature
- 1/2 cup organic butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup palm sugar or 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts plus a little extra for the tops
- Mix with an electric mixer at medium speed: bananas, eggs, butter, palm sugar or honey. Mix until smooth.
- Add to this mixture coconut flour, shredded coconut, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt. Mix until thoroughly combined. Add in the chopped walnuts.
- Divide batter into muffin tins lined with parchment or paper liners. Bake at 350 degrees for around 20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.