Toothbrushes almost always come in packs of three or more so it’s easy to accumulate a lot of spare ones which is a good thing since dentists recommend that you change your toothbrush once at least every three months to make sure that your teeth is always clean but did you know that aside from helping you get that killer smile, there are a lot of other things that you can do with a toothbrush as well? Here are some of the most useful alternative ways to use a toothbrush in your beauty routine. You can do most of these even with an old toothbrush as long as the bristles aren’t totally worn out.
- Lips exfoliation – if dry lips are one of your constant beauty woes, an old toothbrush may just be the solution. Use your toothbrush to exfoliate your lips by mixing olive oil and brown sugar and putting the mixture on your lips and then buffing it out with a toothbrush. Use gentle, small circular motions to exfoliate your lips and get rid of dead skin cells so your lipstick glides on smoother next time.
- Tame flyaway hair – flyaway hair is the most common form of a bad hair day and if you’re prone to getting these all the time, having an old toothbrush in hand along with your styling tools and products will surely come in handy. Just spritz a bit of hairspray on to your toothbrush and use it to tame flyaway hair in an instant.
- Tease your hair – love doing those big, voluminous hairstyles but don’t always have a teasing / rattail comb on hand? You don’t really have to spend money to buy these tools because you can always just use a toothbrush to tease / back comb your hair.
- Hair tool cleaner – your hairbrush bed, those spaces in between your comb, your hair dryer’s vent and the razors on your clipper – these are just some of the most difficult areas to clean when it comes to hair tool but we all know how important it is to keep tools clean all the time, right? Instead of throwing them away when they get dirty, clean them out instead by using a toothbrush. The fine bristles on your toothbrush are small enough to fit in to those itty bitty areas so it’s perfect for cleaning hair tools.
- Hair dye applicator – dyeing your hair at home by yourself is the best way to save some serious cash but if you’re doing highlights, you may find that it’s not as easy as it looks. If you’re looking for a tool that you can use to apply hair dye to your hair as highlights, an old toothbrush is one of the best tools to reach for. It covers just the right amount of hair and gives you maximum control, too.
These are just some of the alternative ways to use a toothbrush and incorporate it in your beauty routine. Do you have other uses for a toothbrush? Comment below and let us know!