I like to save up and try out pretty much every product that intrigues me or gets massive good reviews, and while many of them turn out to be a win for me, there are “The Classics” – which I have to keep turning to.Here is my review of All-Time Favorite Beauty Products !
I know there are plenty of reviews on good products out there, but how long do we really stick to them? Few months to a year? After awhile, we get sick of them and move onto the next best thing. I know I do.
Favorites change every year.
Here are my favorites since…well, seems like my whole life. I have repurchased all these products so many times over the years, I have lost count.
– Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: I use this all year round, for about 6-7 years now. In the winter, if my skin is particularly dry (I have oily combination skin), then I will switch to the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, which is basically a thicker creamy version of this.
– Clinique Moisture Surge Extra: Thirsty Skin Relief: I wear this over my moisturizers, and it just sinks beautifully into the skin. It’s perfect for dry spots, or underneath concealers for that flawless blending in. It really does “quench” my skin as claimed, without adding any shininess.
– Physician’s Formula Powder Palette: Multi-Colored Corrector (in Green): After the Clean & Clear Shine Control Powder was discontinued, I was desperate to get a green/blue powder to reduce redness, and take any shine or oiliness. I have been using this since high school. I usually wear this alone on a regular basis, without any foundation or tinted moisturizer. It does a great job at evening out skin tones.
– Neutrogena MoistureShine gloss: I displaced my favorite shade “First Crush”, but this one is in “Flirt”, which is also very nice. I have used this since the 10th grade, and I could never replace this. I have used so many lip glosses over the years, but none give me this rich creamy, non-sticky feel, with very good pigmentation like this one.
– Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer (in Rhubarb): I have used this since the 12th grade, and I just love this tinted chap stick or whatever this would classify as. One layer gives my lips this very pretty rosy look to them, and can be deceiving as to make you wonder if it’s really my lip color; which is why I love this so much. Apply a few more coats, and it can pass as a creamy lipstick. It is perfect for everyday.
– Clinique Clarifying Lotion: I absolutely love this, and have been using this for about 4 years now. I used to use many scrubs, but after entering my 20s, I decided to be a bit gentle with my skin, and this is the perfect exfoliation for me.
– Biore Self-Heating Mask: I think I’ve been using this since the 9th grade lol… Amazing mask! I use this maybe once a week, and it really does wonders in really removing impurities, and stopping breakouts from forming.
– Lacto Calamine: I have used this for about 4 years now, and it’s great, especially during the summers, to keep oiliness at bay. It acts as a makeup base, but I wear it alone. It’s a great protective barrier, and does even out my skin tone to a certain extent. This not only looks good on, but it’s also good for my skin, so I always restock on this.
– Gulabari Rose Touch Face Freshener: This rose water toner is a great item that I carry in my bag. In hot humid summers here, it is an absolute necessity, to spritz on and refreshen my overheated, tired face while I’m on the go.
– Placentrex Gel: I know I talked about this before here, but it definitely deserves to be on this list. It is absolutely freakin-fabulistic! If you can get past the fact that this is made of fresh human placenta extract, it will do wonders for you. From scars, to old pimples marks, to stretch marks, it knows no bounds. I have a tendency to pick at my face at the slightest whitehead, so if there is bleeding, there are marks left behind. Using this, diminishing of those scars go from their normal several weeks reduced to only 2-3 days. I’m not kidding. It’s that amazing.
– Proactive Refining Mask: It is the only thing from Proactiv that I actually like; the rest are overrated. I use this for skin “emergencies”. Let’s say there’s an event coming up, and if for whatever reason my skin decides to be funny and get all weird then, this really calms it down, and brings the texture back to normal. You do have to be cautious with sun exposure while using this though.
– Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner: Possibly the best pencil eyeliner I have ever used. I’ve been using this since the 10th grade, and repurchasing again and again ever since. It’s super pigmented and doesn’t smudge on me.
– L’Oreal Pencil Perfect Self-Advancing Eyeliner: Also a favorite since high school. I love that it’s so dark at one sweep, no tugging required.
– Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends: Natural Radiance Bronzer (in Sunkissed): It is the only bronzer I have ever been completely satisfied with. When I put on bronzer, it is more for contouring and defining certain facial features, so I don’t want to come out looking like I’ve been sunburned or got a really fake tan. Just a hint of color that looks natural is what I want, and this delivers that.
– African Royale: Hot Six Oil: It’s a great multi-purpose oil, that is super affordable. It contains 7 oils and 15 different herbs, and it smells all fruity and a bit floral, which I like. I apply this generously as a hot oil treatment, or take a drop or 2 in my hands, and apply to the ends of my hair to keep it moisturized, soft and manageable. I’ve been using this since the 11th grade, and it’s great for controlling hair fall.
– L’Oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Eyeliner: I like both the brush tip and felt tip one, though the formula’s differ. Brush tip’s formula is more opaque, and the color payoff is more intense. The felt tip one is relatively thinner, but it is the reason I got hooked into the Lineur Intense eyeliners, and it makes applying liquid eyeliner super easy and the result is always stunning. Even an inexperienced person will have a hard time messing up the winged eyeliner effect with this. I always get compliments on my eye-lining (is that even a word?) skills when I use this, when truth is, this just makes the application super easy. I’ve been using these products from high school, and will continue to do so, because they’re the best liquid eyeliners for me.
– L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara: I think I speak for many people when I say this is one of the best, classic mascara’s ever, that will never stop being good, doesn’t matter how many new mascaras are produced every year with their “new and improvement formulas”. This delivers wonderful, soft thick lashes. Also a favorite since high school. I am a mascara junkie, and my collection would be incomplete without this old favorite.
– Clinique Happy: I love collecting perfumes, but this has to be my all-time favorite, and “my scent” as my special someone says, because I wear it so often. I repurchased this several times, since I was 15, and will continue to do so.
Hope you enjoyed this. Let me know what are your all-time favorites, and if any of these are in your list too. 🙂