While most girls like going all out when it comes to fashion, there are also some who would rather just go for the simplest pieces to create a classic and timeless look. Now, don’t get me wrong. Simple and basic does not always have to mean boring and dull. There are a ton of simple pieces that can make a great statement and these would make a great addition to any girl’s closet. If you’re interested in taking the minimalist route in fashion, the first thing you’ll need to build is a capsule wardrobe. Aside from the basics like tees and jeans, here are some capsule wardrobe must haves for minimalists and minimalists-to-be alike.
- Non-crop top sexy shirt – even if you don’t like to dress sexy on a regular basis, you still need at least one sexy shirt in your closet for when you want to impress your man or when you just want that extra boost of confidence. Crop tops are cute and all but you’ll want something that you can ‘grow’ with or something that you can easily wear just about anywhere. Try a shirt with sneaky sheer paneling details instead.
- A figure flattering skirt – there are a hundred and one skirt styles out there but out of those, there will always be one that will flatter your figure best. Figure flattering skirts are great go-to pieces that you can wear anytime, anywhere; be it to work, the mall, the bar, or even to a date.
- Grown-up leather bag – if there’s anything worth splurging on, it’s a good leather bag. Choose a design without too much frill and froufrou and opt for something simpler and more streamlined instead. If you can, go for reliable designer brands that will last you years.
- Easy breezy dress – a throw-and-go dress that you can rely on for impromptu outings and dates is a must for any stylish minimalist’s capsule wardrobe. Look for something that you can dress up and dress down or something that you know you’ll be confident to wear without putting much effort into styling it.
- Stripes – stripes are one of the most tried and true print patterns and they’re a certain must for any capsule wardrobe. Wear them with jeans for a basic but classic look or pair them up with something trendier for a stylish outfit. You can even wear them to tame an intimidating trend that you’re planning to try out.
- Comfy killer shoes – shoes can make or break your look and the best ones aren’t necessarily the ones you have to sacrifice comfort for. Look for a pair that easily catches the eye but goes on easy on the feet.
- LBD with a twist – a basic LBD is nice and safe but if you want a capsule wardrobe that will make you standout, look for an LBD option with a surprising twist. This can be anything from a bold detail to a playful take on texture. Find what works for you.