Braiding your hair is one of the easiest and most stylish ways to give it a nice look. There are a ton of different braiding styles out there ranging from really simple ones that even first-graders can do to overly complicated ones that you just won’t be able to create without the help of at least another set of hands but any kind of braid is perfect for making hair look pretty. Here are a few braided hairstyle ideas for women with short hair.
- BRAIDED BANGS – this is one of the easiest ways to rock a braid when you don’t have much to work with. All you need to do is grab your bangs, braid them and then pin them to the back and you’re good to go. The standard three-strand braid works great for this one and so does a fishtail braid.
- HALF CROWN BRAID – crown braids are pretty but they don’t really work well on short hair. Good thing there’s an alternative look that you can create with short hair that gives you a look that’s just as chic. Check out these pictures of half crown braids for short hair.
- WATERFALL BRAID – waterfall braids are a little complicated but the great thing about them is that they work for all hair lengths. Check out tutorials on the web and learn how to do this braid and you’ll be set for life. It actually gets quite easy once you get the process.
- Braided headband – here’s another cute braided hairstyle that you can easily do with short hair and a few bobby pins. The braided headband is perfect for keeping hair away from your face and giving your hair a prettier look.
- Dutch braid – the Dutch braid may seem like it won’t work on short hair but the secret to pulling it off is mastering the art of concealment. Check out the step-by-step guide below on how you can get it done.
- Chignon-inspired braid – this gorgeous chignon-inspired braided updo will have people thinking that you have long hair, even if you don’t. It’s a gorgeous braided hairstyle that’s perfect for those who want something chic and easy.
- Lace braid updo – it’s amazing how you can create such an intricate-looking braided hairstyle with short hair and this lace braid updo is the perfect example for such. It’s a great hairstyle for those who want a braided updo but have shorter hair.