Fashion may not be the biggest and most important part of the upcoming 4th of July celebrations but that doesn’t mean we can’t put some effort into what we wear on this special day when we celebrate the country’s independence, right? After all, with all the celebrations that are set to take place, looking nice wouldn’t be so bad. Here are a few cute and stylish ways to wear your stars and stripes in time for the 4th of July.
- Star spangled LBD – this gorgeous LBD with a twist is covered in stars and is the perfect way to show off your 4th of July spirit. The striped shirt tied around the waist adds a nice, subtle touch that makes the look even more festive.
- Patriotic cover up – just because it’s the 4th doesn’t mean you have to literally wear your stars and stripes all day. If you’re not into dressing up with a theme, perhaps this cute and patriotic scarf / cover might get you interested. It’s especially perfect for those who are planning to spend the 4th at the beach.
- Street style stripes – want something a bit edgy mixed with some street style vibes? How about wearing something like matching striped blazers and trousers (or a skirt, if you’re feeling more posh or more girly). It’s tricky pulling off stripes from head to toe but if you feel like you can do it, then go ahead!
- Kiss of liberty – tops like these with the lip shape that’s filled with the American flag design are everywhere nowadays and if you’re looking for something totally cool and casual but still patriotic to wear on the 4th of July, this might just be what you need.
- Chic and subtle – red, white, and blue, stars and stripes – these may be the common themes around this time of the year but that doesn’t mean you have to follow it strictly. For a less “themed” look, go for black and white stripes or look for pieces with subtle star patterns and designs on them.
- Red and blue – another idea for a subtle but stylish and still patriotic outfit is to simply have hints of red and blue throughout your whole outfit. Consider wearing neutrals and having pops of red and blue for a very posh 4th of July look.