If you’re still not over the holiday season feels and you’re still in the mood for outfits that embody the holiday spirit, then a few metallic pieces here and there may just be what you need to liven up your winter look. Metallic pieces are great for adding a bit of festive sheen and shine to your outfit, especially on days when you feel like glitter or sequins might be a bit too much. Here are a few tips on how to wear metallics.
- Metallic lips – who says metallic clothes are the only metallic pieces you can wear? If you’re feeling a bit bolder and more adventurous, skip metallic clothes and go for metallic lips instead. Kylie has released quite a few wearable shades of metallic liquid lipsticks, but a couple other brands make good metallic lippies, too.
- Metallic eyes – not a fan of bold lips? How about doing metallic eyes instead? You don’t need to buy metallic shadows if you’re planning on doing this look just once; instead, you can foil your shimmery eyeshadows by spraying your brush with some primer water and start dipping.
- Metallic pleated skirt – wearing a metallic pleated skirt is the best way to combine bold and beautiful, fab and festive, and girly and grand. It’s a nice way to make a statement without taking away the soft and ladylike factor from your look. Pair it up with anything — from a basic tshirt to a really cute lacey top — and see your outfit transform for blah to Barbie-like in a second.
- Metallic and monochromatic – looking for another cute idea to wear metallic pieces before the festive holiday vibes end? How about a gorgeous monochromatic outfit with a metallic twist? They say the key to making monochromatic outfits look exciting is to incorporate a lot of texture play, and this is a great way to do so.
- Metallic outerwear – still looking for a statement outerwear to add to your closet? A metallic one might just be what you need to complete your winter wardrobe. Wear it on top of regular and basic outfits to keep your look from becoming too simple.
- Metallic accents and accessories – another really simple way to level up your look is to throw in the tiniest hint of metallic here and there. Wearing metallic accents or accessories with any look is a great way to add some subtle festive shimmer and shine to your ensemble.