When we think of honey, we often think of it as a healthier alternative to the artificial sweeteners that we use on a daily basis. While we love to use honey for sweetening purposes, there’s one more thing that this little darling is very good for and that’s why it’s considered a sweet treat, not just for our taste buds but also for our skin as well. If you want to know how you can get the most out of that sweet bottle of honey you have lounging in your pantry, check out these useful and effective ways to use honey in your beauty regimen.
- Mask up – love facial masks? You don’t need to buy the expensive kinds from Sephora or other beauty stores. Instead, spread some raw honey on your face until you create a nice, thin layer. Let it set for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse off with water. This is a great beauty trick for those who want to get more moisturized skin.
- Add it to other DIY masks – want something more luxurious for your face mask? Try other DIY face mask recipes and simply add honey into it to add a moisturizing factor. Honey with coconut oil or jojoba, for example, is great for cleaning and clearing up pores.
- Zit zapper – got a zit that needs to be dealt with? Dab some honey on the spot, let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse off with water. The antibacterial and antifungal properties of honey is perfect calming redness and irritation.
- Natural hair conditioner – trying to go natural with your hair care routine? Substitute your regular conditioner with a mixture of honey and olive oil. Apply this after rinsing shampoo from hair and leave on for an hour to get best results.
- Exfoliate with honey – love using body scrubs but afraid that they might be too harsh for your skin? Instead of using commercial exfoliating products, simply mix two parts honey with one part baking soda. The baking soda will act as the main exfoliating component while the honey makes your skin soft and smooth.
- Pucker up – any kind of lip color looks 100 times better on soft, supple lips, and the secret to getting that is to make sure you exfoliate your lips regularly. For a gentle lip scrub that works wonders, try mixing honey with sugar. Just rub on your lips using your fingers, rinse, and apply your favorite lipstick!