When we think of colors to wear for fall, brown, beige, black, gray and other neutrals usually come to mind. While these are all great to wear during this time of the year, there will always be days when you’ll want to wear something else other than neutrals and, on those day, a color like army green is sure to come in handy. Now, I know a lot of women are a little overwhelmed by army green since it tends to look like moss, but trust me: there are ways to make this color look super chic. Here are a few tips and ideas on how to rock the army green color.
- Couple it up with black – black and army green look so good together, there’s no good reason to pass up on this combo if you have both colors in your closet. Black is a universal color that can go with virtually any other color, but the way it looks with army green is just fabulous. It has just the right hint of badass to spice up an ordinary look but it also looks super chic.
- Wear it with (girly) style – for the girly girls out there who love all things ladylike and luxurious, the color of army green may not seem too appealing. After all, it’s nowhere near pink and is closer to giving off more of that military vibe, if anything. This doesn’t mean though that girly girls can’t enjoy this gorgeous hue. If you want to wear army green but don’t want to lose that ladylike look, you can always choose to wear the color on girly pieces like skirts, dresses, and the like.
- Create street style looks – sometimes, all you really need to nail a certain look is to get your colors right, and if it’s the tough military gal vibe you are aiming for, there’s really no better color to wear than army green. Wear it with street style outfits to create stylish looks that are equal parts cool and chic.
- “Cutify” it with accessories – another really good way to make the color army gree more appealing to women who are all about the cute and girly stuff is to bling it out with gorgeous accessories. Jewelry can make a big difference, but so can your shoes, your bag, or even the accessories that are attached to your bag.
- Mix and match with other neutrals – as said earlier, this color together with black is the bomb. If you’re not a fan of black, though, you can use any other neutral color with army green and still get amazingly stylish looks.
- Try it with print – you may think there aren’t a lot of printed pieces out there that feature the army green color predominantly, but you’re wrong.There are lots of cute prints and patterns using army green as the main color and they are great for sprucing up just about any look.