Denim shorts aren’t exactly very dressy. They’re made more for laidback days and casual looks. That doesn’t mean, though, that you can’t make a pair work for more sophisticated looks. If you love the comfort and the look of denim shorts, it’s hard to wear anything else so here are a few tips, tricks, and ideas on the different ways to give denim short a posh new twist. These are perfect for when you need something a little bit more polished but don’t want to give up your denims.
- Wear them with heels – if you just want to jazz up your look, the easiest way to go is to wear your denim shorts with a pair of gorgeous heels. Shorts and heels don’t always go together but they do work, especially during the spring and summer.
- Go for the classics – ripped jeans, distressed denim shorts, DIY-style cut-off shorts – these are all no-no’s when you’re going for something a little dressier and more posh. Instead. go for the more classic styles. Regular, clean cut denim shorts can look very sophisticated when worn plain, basic and classic.
- Pair them with crisp, clean pieces – nothing beats the combo of good ol’ denim shorts and a crisp, clean top. A white shirt is very basic but also very chic but you can try wearing any other piece with your denim shorts as well so long as they have a crisp, clean look and feel to them.
- Choose a collared top – wearing something with a collar is just so much dressier than wearing something that features a crew neck or a V-neck which is why if you’re aiming for a more posh and polished look with your denim shorts, one thing that you can try doing is to wear a collared top with it.
- Pick a next-level top style – if you’re planning on achieving a really posh look with your denim shorts, the best way to go is to pick a next-level top that’s ultra dressy and posh. Going for such a top will take the attention away from your denim shorts, making them so much easier to get away with.
- Layer with outerwear – no matter what the season or the weather is, there will always be an outerwear that you can top off your outfit with to give your denim shorts a more posh look. I find that longer outerwear tend to nail the posh look more but shorter ones work fine, too.