You’re a fashionista when you know the struggle of having a full wardrobe but having nothing to wear. Yes, it happens even to the best of us but you don’t always have to cancel whatever you have planned for the day just because you can’t decide on what to wear for the day. Sometimes, all you really need to do is look deeper into your closet, try to remember what you haven’t worn for a while and think up new ways to style those pieces. Here are some tips on how to look your best with clothes you already own.
- Get down on the basics – basic pieces like shirts, jeans and shorts are perfect for when you need something quick and easy to wear for the day. Either just layer them up with outerwear for the colder days or with accessories to create a brand new look.
- Take it one trend at a time – with so many new trends emerging one after the other, it can be a real challenge to keep up. Remember, though, that you don’t always have to follow each and every single trend that comes about. Choose only the ones that you know you’ll look fab in and check out what you already have in your closet to pull it off.
- Get rid of anything that doesn’t fit – out of the bazillion and one things that you have in your wardrobe, how many actually fit you properly? I’m certain you have pieces in there that are either too big or too small so start getting rid of those and only keep the ones that fit you well. These are the only things you need anyway to make sure you look decent and presentable all the time.
- Pay attention to details – sometimes, the little details count the most. Make sure that every piece you wear from your wardrobe is in pristine condition and that all the details are taken care of.
- Look for new ways to style an item – so you wore that crisp white button down neatly tucked in your jeans the last time. Now, think about how you can style it a different way for the next use. You may wear it as a layering piece or create a more rough and rugged look with it or you can also DIY it to give it a new spin.
- Think up new combos – sometimes, we get stuck with wearing the same set of clothes all the time that it tends to look boring and repetitive. To avoid this, think up new combos and use different items in different sets. Even your matching sets can be used with other pieces to create mismatched but chic look.