Creating a chic outfit can be stressful but fun. If you take fashion and style seriously, you know the struggle is real when it comes to keeping up with the latest and the hottest trends. Looking fab and chic, however, does not need to be tiring and stressful. Here are a few tips on how you can have fun with your outfits without compromising style.
- Forget about the “rules” – there are no official rules in fashion but there are a lot of suggestions on which to pair with what. The good thing is that you don’t have to worry about these at all. Just forget about them and wear whatever you like! It’s the first thing you need to do if you want to have fun while being stylish.
- Loosen up with layers – another way that you can have fun while creating chic looks is to loosen up while playing with layers. Others think layering is overwhelming but the truth is it’s easy as 1-2-3. Don’t worry about how many layers you come up with. As long as you can wear the outfit comfortably, you’re good to go.
- Creative color pairing – one of the best parts of creating chic outfits is deciding which colors to wear together. If you’re feeling like sticking to classic looks, neutral colors often work best. On days when you’re feeling a little bolder, you can have a go at mixing and matching different bright and vibrant colors. You can even try putting together a monochromatic look to get a sophisticated, posh outfit.
- Accessorize – ask any fashionista and they’ll tell you that one of the best things about styling an outfit is accessorizing it. There are tons of cute and stylish accessories to play and have fun with and adding these to your outfits make them look so much better.
- Re-create favorite looks – if you have a favorite style icon, I’m sure you have at least one of two pieces of clothing in your wardrobe inspired by an outfit that person once wore. On days when you want to challenge yourself to have some fun with your outfit, why not recreate your favorite looks from your favorite style stars?
- Repurposed pieces – my last advice for having fun with your outfits is to find another purpose that a certain piece can serve. That cute scarf, for example, doesn’t always have to be worn as a scarf. Instead, you can wear it as a belt, a headband, or a bag accent. If it’s big enough, it might even pass for a light cardigan or blazer.