The rainbow hair trend is taking the beauty industry by storm today and it’s quickly becoming one of the most popular hair looks, especially on teens. Colorful strands and bright and vibrant hues on your tresses sure sound exciting but there’s no denying that this trend is not for everyone. People who hold a job in the corporate world, for example, aren’t exactly perfect candidates for this trend. If you’re thinking of jumping on the rainbow hair trend wagon, check out these tips before you do.
- The trend looks best on light hair – if you have a light hair color, you’re in luck! The colors of your rainbow hair will show up more easily and more vibrantly on you compared to those who have darker hair.
- Bleaching may be required – if you have dark hair, you might have to have some bleaching done to your locks to lighten them up a a bit and make the colors show up better and more vividly. As mentioned above, the rainbow hair trend works best with light hair colors so a little bleaching is necessary, especially if you’re in it for the long run.
- You can hack the trend – if you’re not sure you can commit to the trend, though, you can always hack it instead and use those insanely popular hair chalks that you can buy anywhere, including online stores like eBay and Amazon. This is also perfect for those who want to try out the trend but can’t because it’s not appropriate for school or work.
- You don’t have to have all seven colors of the rainbow – one thing you need to remember when doing the rainbow hair trend is that you don’t necessarily have to have the seven colors of the rainbow on your hair. If you don’t feel like having a certain color added in, you don’t have to. Just because it’s called the rainbow hair trend does not mean you have to have all seven colors.
- Have a pro do it – if you’re thinking of sporting the trend for a long time, you’ll want to make sure that your hair looks fantastic and the best way to achieve that is to let a pro do your rainbow hair.
- Use a trusted hair color brand – because you’ll be using so many different shades on your hair, you’ll want to make sure that you use a trusted brand that will not damage your locks. Manic Panic is one of the best brands to use if you want to achieve rainbow hair with minimal to no damage after four to six weeks. It barely stains light hair and is super easy to reapply in case you decide to stick with the trend longer.