If you’re like me who’s always budget conscious but still want to keep up with the latest in the world of fashion, you might have already searched up ways to do that. One way I recommend is to stretch trends. This means trying to get the most of each and every piece of trendy clothing you bought for a certain season and stretching it out / using it for the next season (and maybe a few more to come). Curious? Here are summer trends that you can totally wear in fall. With the right styling tricks and pairing techniques, you’ll see how last season’s trendiest piece can also be this season’s hottest.
- Embroidered jackets – those embroidered jackets you topped off your late summer evening looks with could very well be a staple in your fall wardrobe, too. Use it to dress up a plain look or to add more texture to your outfit. Since it’s a jacket, it’s great for fall layering too.
- Jersey maxi – summer is a splendid time to look fabulously laid back and the jersey maxi dress is quintessential to achieving just that. For fall, you can still use your jersey maxi dresses. This time, though, remember to layer it up with a cute coat / jacket for extra warmth and to add more dimension to your look as well.
- Slip dress – if you think fall is too cold a season for some sexy slip dresses, think again! Those gorgeous boudoir beauties that were one of the hottest trends of summer can still work wonders for your fall wardrobe. One look I love in particular is a slip dress layered over a plain tee and finished off with boots. Extra rops for a flannel shirt tied around the waist.
- Off shoulder tops – who says off shoulder tops work only for summer? Those sexy shoulder-baring pieces are just as perfect for fall as they are for summer. Check out the pictures below to see how you can keep wearing your off shoulder pieces past summertime.
- Jumpsuits and rompers – don’t let those perfectly cute and stylish jumpers and rompers go to waste! Wear them layered up with cute outerwear and maybe tights or a separate top underneath to create a cute and trendy fall look.
- Denim skirt – you don’t have to have a degree in fashion to know that those denim skirts everyone was so obsessed with in summer is the perfect candidate for that sweet spot in your fall wardrobe. Denim skirts for fall are a must and, with the right top and accessories, you can make them work effortlessly.